Egg Donation has come up as big solution for those who want to enjoy the parenthood but are not able to do so as they may not be physically fit to carry the pregnancy or they may be single or gay. Egg donation is a third party reproduction. It is the process by which a woman donates eggs and these eggs enable another woman to conceive. Before egg donation as a solution, people who could not bear their own children were left with adoption as the only option. As the medical science advanced, there came some new and innovative solutions and egg donation is one of those. Now, it is no more a far-fetched idea. It is practically possible and becoming a common practice.
Egg Donor’s legal status varies from country to country. In the U.S. it is legal, whether or not anonymous and egg donor may be compensated. Though the American Society for ReproductiveMedicine (ASRM) has issued guidelines for the procedure, yet the Egg Donor Agencies in the U.S. have a legal choice to abide by ASRM regulations. For any donor to become appealing to an agency, certain criteria has to be met;such as the donor is healthy with good family background, well educated and also meets the age limit set by the agency. In the U.S. there may be anonymous or semi-anonymous donors recruited by the egg donor agencies. Listed below are some points which can be expected from an agency:
• Any agency which recruits and screens the egg donors has to go through IVF stimulation therapy to be followed by egg retrieval procedure.
• The recipients, who approach donor egg agency, choose the donor from the profiles or database prepared by the agency. These agencies of repute tries to match the donor’s physical and temperamental characteristics with that of a recipient.
• Egg donor is then referred to a psychologist who will evaluate the mental health and her preparedness to take up the procedure.
• Once this is done, she has to undergo a medical examination to test if she is fit enough and not suffering from any diseases. Even the family history needs to be confirmed for any congenital disease or genetic ailment.
• Agency also has a legal team which drafts the legal contract keeping in mind the interests of both the parties. They are assigned separate attorneys to represent them.
With development of technology, egg donation procedure has become more advanced and chances of higher success rate cannot be denied.This is a big break-through for those who yearned for their own baby.
We atRite Options, are one of the most successful and trusted agencies in New Yorkwho have carved a niche for ourselves with a thoroughly professional attitude and dedicated approach. We have the most passionate and committed teamwho are available for our clients round the clock. We are known for being transparent and honest as we share even the potential risks with our clients.We adhere to the guidelines of ASRM and FDA.We at Rite Optionsonly go for the best, be it fertility clinics, reproductive endocrinologist or the attorneys to represent the clients. Call us now and get registered as a donor or the recipient.